Dr. Seema Bhatwadekar has been trained in paediatric and adult haematology, haemato-oncology, and bone marrow transplant from Sahyadri Speciality Hospital, Pune (2004 to 2006), under the mentorship of Dr. Shashikant Apte.
She has performed over 75 bone marrow transplants (stem cell transplants) for various paediatric inborn and adult haematological and haemato-oncological disorders.
Since August 2006, Dr. Seema has been a practicing consultant haematologist, haemato-oncologist, and bone marrow transplant physician at HOCC, Vadodara. Dr. Seema has been a consulting doctor at prominent multispeciality hospitals in the city.
- Clinical haematologist, haemato-oncologist, and bone marrow transplant physician with over 15 years of experience.
- Pioneer in starting daycare chemo ward, neutropenia care ward, and first bone marrow transplant unit at Vadodara in 2006.
- Trained over 100 medical and paramedical staff members for neutropenia care.
- Starting comprehensive care for sickle cell disease patients at an affordable cost.
- Offering free OPD consultation for haemophilia and thalassemia patients since 2006.
- Recognition from Max Foundation as a centre for enrollment of CML patients on GPAP scheme.
- Founder and president of Society of Haemato-Oncology and Transplantation (SOHOT), established in 2016.
- Founder and director, “Haematology Update Vadodara”. Organising a yearly academic extravaganza program since 2006.
- Vice president, Haemophilia Federation of India (HFI), Vadodara Chapter.
- Member of:
- Association of Physicians of India (API)
- Association of Physicians of Gujarat (APG)
- Indian society of Haematology and Blood Transfusion (ISHBT)
- Indian society of Bone Marrow Transplant (ISBMT)
- American Society of Haematology (ASH)